Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap Party - The Graduate

Anyone else have a busy weekend? I'm actually thankful for Monday after a week & weekend like the last one. ;p Ever experience that?

If you're a new Parties for Pennies reader, I really want to get to know the people that read my blog. That's why I started the Weekend Wrap Party posts each Monday. I thought if I shared a little about my weekend, you could share too. Then we can get to know each other better. So please feel free to share through comments or email what your weekend was like! (My email is: heidi@heidirew.com)

Last week was super busy with work, I took Friday off but it was to get everything ready for Mike's (my main squeeze) birthday shindig on Saturday. I did a Mad Men themed party & ofcourse I'll share about it right here.

The party finally came together & I was exhausted but it was well worth it. Mike really enjoyed it...so I consider it a success.

Sunday, was another special celebration. My brother Ned graduated with a double major from Georgia State! He's a pretty smart guy. This is a guy that started listening to Clark Howard when he was in 6th grade. If you don't know Clark, he's a local Atlanta radio host that gives financial advice. As soon as Ned was 18, what did he do? He went straight to the bank & opened an IRA. Yep, it's kinda annoying when your younger college-age brother is giving you advice about what kind of mortgage to take out for your house. ;p I'm so proud of him.


The graduation was at the Georgia Dome. Due to some poor legistics, I've never felt claustrophobic until yesterday. Getting out of there was ca-ca-ca-rayzy! 

I went to a very small private college in Tennessee called Bryan College & our graduating class was a 
tad smaller than this. ;p Do you detect a hint of sarcasm? ;p Instead of each of them walking across the stage, they just had each department stand up. But...I was able to snap this picture of my brothers name in "lights." 


Let me explain his name. The first Edward Young Rew was my great grandfather. He was nicknamed, "Ned." My grandfather went by Ed & my dad by Eddie but my parents really liked the idea of calling my brother Ned. 


Here's the whole crew - (L-R) Mike, me, my sister Meg, her fiance David, Ned (the graduate), Mom, Dad, Anna Panlilio (a friend of the family) & my bro Clayton. 

I may sound like a mom when I say this but it's hard to believe my little brother has grown to be such a wonderful, intelligent man. It seemed like just yesterday he was climbing trees & just being a little boy. He is an amazing guy with a wonderful heart, a servant attitude, good worker, smart & sooo funny! 

Now...I need to go grab some tissues. ;p Hope you had a great weekend! Any graduations? 

Stop back in on Wednesday because I'm going to show you a way you can make place setting card holders/menu label holders with two items you have around your house! Keep checking for all the details & pictures from the Mad Men party! 
                                                     

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!

    I've been watching 3 kids while my husband is out of town so I can barely remember the weekend! At least it's almost over and tomorrow my life will be back to normal.

    Oh, and I'm slowly planning my son's birthday party, so I ordered the favors today. Books. Maybe the kis will be smart like your brother?

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3