Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Feature on PartiesforPennies: Weekend Swap Party!

Can you tell I love a good party? 

Here's the d.l. on this new P4P feature...

It's a virtual party. 
You're invited. 
When? Every Monday 
Food? Sure...you just have to provide your own
What? Well you see I hate that I don't know more about you. I don't want a one-sided friendship. I want to get to know you better. And I also realized that what I love about other blogs is hearing about their lives. I would prefer to hear more about you, to be honest. All that to say...that's how I came up with the Weekend Swap Party. 

Here is how it's going down...I want to hear from one of you each Sunday night. Email me a picture of something you did over the weekend. It can be a fun outing, a project you finished, new recipe you tried, your childs football game...whatever you want to show off from your weekend. I'll give you three questions to answer (so I can get to know you better) & I'll link to your blog (if you don't have one, that's okay). 

The word "Swap" comes into play b/c I'll share a picture from my weekend too. 

This weekend, my friend Sara Wilson, is starting this party off. She works at the radio station with me & is beautiful both inside & out. She's from Kennesaw, GA & she doesn't have a blog but has participated in recent state beauty pagents! 


She had quite a fun weekend! She went to see a musician (a good friend's friend) named Clay Coley perform in Douglasville, Ga. He's really talented & made it onto American Idol this season. (Click on his name & it will link to his website. You can hear some of his songs) Keep watching AI & you can see Clay & vote! :-) 


This is a picture of Clay performing. 

I also asked Sara a few questions. 

* What's a simple thing that makes you smile? 
My dad's jokes. He always has the best one-liners! 

* What's a craft or recipe disaster you've had? 
I personally haven't had one (not so far...haha. I feel like it might be just a matter of time) but my favorite thing in the world to make, as far as cooking goes, is beans & cornbread. As far as baking goes, I can make a mean peanut butter pie. :-) 

(Heidi note: Peanut butter pie maker...hmmm, noted. :p Yum!) 

* What's a silly addiction of yours? 
Books. My friends have banned me from going into Barnes & Noble whenever we go shopping because they know I will spend at LEAST 2 hours in there. 

Thanks so much Sara for sharing a little bit about yourself & your weekend! Vote for Clay! :p

This past weekend for me was productive & fun! Mike, my man, & I went on a double date with my sister & her man, David. We were having so much fun that we didn't take a picture of the 4 of us. Fail. But here's where we went...


It's called Ormsby's & it's such a fun place. 


They have two indoor bocce ball courts, shuffleboard, darts, pool tables & even skee ball! The food is delicious & we had a great time. 

Mike & I also got a ton of stuff done around the house. 


Mike put together several IKEA purchases (my hero) & we finished up the downstairs bathroom. Well we finished the painting. There's still a lot more to go. We bought a house that was built in the 1960s & we've got a lot of projects we're working on. The basement was totally unfinished & we've finished it but still need to paint it. This bathroom is in the basement. 

Now, I'm beat! :p Hope you had a great weekend! I would love for you to participate in the weekend swap party! If you'd like to participate, email me at: heidi@heidirew.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3