Saturday, December 31, 2011

Redneck Hummus (easy app)

I still can't believe it's almost 2012. Last year on New Years Eve night, I was waiting for my boyfriend (at the time, now husband ;p) to get home & decided to start this little ole blog. So far, I've enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for taking time to stop in & read the posts & even sometimes comment. You've helped make 2011 a real joy-filled year.

Mike  & I are excited about the New Years Eve party we're going to but I need to bring an appetizer. I decided to make what I call "Redneck Hummus." I made it up when we had our Trimmings & Tapas party & served southern food tapas. It was a big hit at the party so I'm making it again.

Here's what you need -


I also add ketchup, brown sugar & a little mustard....oh & some bacon for garnish. 

Add the can of beans, little less than 1/4 cup of the tahini (side note: the first time I made this I didn't have any tahini & it still worked fine), little bbq sauce & any other item you want to give it flavor to the food processor. 


Garnish it with bacon, more BBQ sauce, if you want. Serve with potato chips & celery. 


I thought it was pretty yummy, but then again I was the girl that dipped her potato chip in to the baked beans anyways. ;p 


Cheap? Check Easy? Check Fast? Check...sounds like a great app to me! :-) 

Happy New Year! I am compiling my goals for 2012 for the blog & could use your help. Would you mind letting me know if there's anything I can do to enhance this blog/make it easer to navigate? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! You can email me or comment here. My emal is: heidi@heidirew.com 





3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same about your blog earlier today! I have found that being a party stylist in Utah I have to always been on a budget. So your blog has some great ideas. I would love if you would ever do a guest post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget...I would be honored to guest post on your blog...if you'd do the same on mine! I'll get in touch soon! :-) Hope 2012 is an awesome party filled year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redneck Hummus! I love it! I'll have to try that. We do Redneck sweets at Christmas (anything dipped in white chocolate that probably shouldn't), so this would be a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3